K Rated Isolation Transformer
K-Factor is defined as a ratio between the additional losses due to harmonics and the eddy current losses at 50Hz. It is used to evaluate transformers for nonlinear loads. Transformers with a rated K-factor of 4, 7, 13, 20 and 30 are available.
- Data Centres, Call Centres, IPO
- UPS, VFD’S & Drives
- Hospitals/Medical Centres, Research Labs
Effects of Harmonics
- Equipment Vibrations
- Lower Output impedance
- Coil design is optimized for low eddy current loss and high harmonic current carrying capacity.
- Double size neutral terminal
- Quiet operation
- <li style="\\"line-height:" 17px;\\"="">Ref StandardUL-1561, IEEE – C-57-110, I